Are you in a HURRY? Our Best Choice for you:
- Best Budget: Hoover H-FREE 500 HF522BH 3in1
- Best Choice: Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Seller: Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
What is the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors? Surely, you’ve wondered what vacuum manufacturer would be best for vinyl floors, and what features you’d like to see available in a vacuum for hard surfaces. Perhaps you have a pet hair problem or toddlers who love to spill cereal in the kitchen.
What vacuum might be able to tackle your everyday mess while leaving behind a polished shine?
We’re here to help you find the right vacuum for your needs, so that you can make your own informed decision. Below, we’ve reviewed some of the best vacuums for vinyl plank floors on the market today. Your hard floors will be beautiful in no time!
Read More: Best Vacuum for Tile Floors
What is the Best Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Floors?
Why do you need the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors? For the peace of mind in knowing that your floor is absolutely clean. You’ll want a durable machine that will not break easily, but that also gives you the best value for the price.
If you have young children or people with allergies in your family, choosing the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors will be invaluable. Not only will this product help with cleaning your floor, it will also give you a better quality of life in vacuuming away allergens from your environment.
Life happens. In our personal experience with vacuums that can tackle hard flooring, they have proven absolutely necessary for sugar spills, dog hair, or the everyday mess that can accumulate throughout the house. Any home with hard flooring needs to own a vacuum that can tackle them with ease.
Here are the brands we will be reviewing today:
These brands make several different kinds of vacuums for our purpose and we hope we can find you the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. Several other vacuum manufacturers make similar products, such as Bissell, Swiffer, Miele, iRobot, and Black & Decker.
For our list, however, we have chosen Hoover, Shark, and Dyson, as in our opinion, these vacuums outshine them all. When it comes to suction power, ease of use, light in weight, and doing the job well, the following five products are at the top of the list.
The vacuums we’ve chosen are listed in order from our preference of first to last, starting with our number one choice.
Shark APEX AZ1002 DuoClean with Self-Cleaning Brushroll Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
- Multi-function 3-in-1 machine vacuums, washes and dries simultaneously so that you can skip one step in your cleaning routine.
- Digital fingertip controls give you full control to best fit your cleaning surface: CrossWave freshens up area rugs and gives hard floors due to powerful 560W suction a streak-free shine.
- Easy to remove separate dirty and clean water tanks for easy fill/emptying - so you are always applying a mix of cleaning detergent and fresh water on your floors.
- Unique microfiber and nylon multi-surface brush roll scrubs, washes and dries your hard floors, area rugs and carpets for a deeper clean. Best performance in combination with BISSELL Multi-Surface, multi-surface pet or wood floor cleaning detergent.
Shark is a smaller vacuum manufacturer than the usual “big boys” in the business, however, they have been gaining ground as an excellent producer of fabulous products. They have certainly made a name for themselves and have proven their products can stand toe-to-toe with name brands that have been around for decades.
This particular vacuum is our personal pick for the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. It retails for $399.99 and has a dual-brush system that not only gives you a fantastic clean, but th
at also cleans itself! This vacuum is also completely sealed so that allergens cannot escape.
This product engages the floor directly rather than merely sucking up dirt and hair, thus leaving behind a polished gleam. Do you have a large mess or is it merely fine dust you wish to clean? The Shark APEX AZ 1002 DuoClean can do all of it with no problem at all.
This product is lightweight at 16lbs., and comes with an upholstery tool, a 12-inch crevice tool, and a pet power brush. If you want a vacuum that is lightweight, has tremendous power, tackles hair like a boss, and will leave your floors looking polished and beautiful, this is definitely the best vacuum for your vinyl plank floors.
Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Best Seller Choice for Plank Floor Vinyl
Dyson is now a household name in the vacuum business, but it wasn’t always so. Founder James Dyson had become so frustrated with his own vacuum in the late 70’s, that he took it upon
himself to make his own prototypes, and now here we are several decades later. Dyson has proven the superiority of his products amid every other vacuum manufacturer.
The Dyson V11 retails for $599.99, but this little cordless vacuum has twice the suction of any other cordless vac in its class. While this vacuum is perfect for your hard flooring, it also boasts it can deep clean your entire house! It may be small, but it is mighty.
The battery is long-lasting with up to 60 full minutes of power. It is also lightweight, clocking in at 6.68 pounds. Even a child could use this machine.
This product comes with a crevice tool, a mini-motorized tool, a stubborn dirt brush, a torque drive head, a wand storage clip, a combination tool, a docking station, and a charger. If you’d love a little machine that packs a huge punch, the Dyson V11 is your obvious choice.
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bag-less Vacuum
- DuoClean floorhead glides from carpets to hard floors
- Anti Hair Wrap actively removes hair from the bristle brush-roll
- Transform into a portable vacuum to easily clean stairs, surfaces and under furniture
- Reassurance for allergy sufferers with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal
We’ve chosen another Shark for its excellent performance and specific use on hard flooring. Retailing at $249.99, this vacuum is perfect for carpets and upholstery as well as for hard floors. At 7lbs., it is also an amazing lightweight option.
Shark guarantees this product will not lose power or suction, and due to its lightweight and handy handle, this vacuum can be used to get hard-to-reach cobwebs or window blinds. It’s amazing suction power is perfect for cleaning messes or dirt on hard floors as well.
This vacuum is not cordless, however, which is a ding against it. It is innovative with its ability to be used as a hand-held vacuum, but having to struggle with a cord in the process is unfortunate. Even so, the Shark Rocket is a wonderful choice at the price it’s offered and will help to keep your floors spotless.
Hoover FH40160PC FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, Wet Dry Vacuum
Great Budget Choice For Vinyl Plank Floors
- High Performance The Compact Motor provides consistent and outstanding suction power to pick up fine dust, larger debris, hair. Combination of the powerful motor, airflows and nozzle guarantees excellent cleaning results with cordless agility and comfort.
- Visibility Front LED lights on H-FREE 500’s floor nozzle illuminate dark corners or under furniture for improved cleaning visibility, so that no dust gets missed.
- Agile & Lightweight - Hoover Flat&Drive nozzle reclines flat and swivels 180 degrees, gliding under your sofa or around table legs with ease
- All Floors Equipped with 2 agitators to take care of any floors. The Intense Floor Roller ensures results on hard floors and carpets. The Deep Care Roller is the solution to gently clean hard floors and delicate surfaces such as parquet and wooden floors.
Hoover is a trusted name in vacuums, being around for decades. It’s likely your own grandmother owned a Hoover! Because of that longevity, Hoover has proven to have some of the greatest vacuums on the market today.
The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe is likely the only vacuum on our list specifically manufactured for hard flooring. It retails for $159.99, also making it easy on the wallet. If you have tile floors, vinyl floors, or hardwood floors, this is the product for you, as it can tackle them all.
Not only does this vacuum suck up dirt and hair, it also mops the floor! With its amazing technology, it leaves behind a polished and dry floor, no matter if you have planks or grout. This vacuum comes with differing specialty brushes to clean your hard flooring, whatever it happens to be.
If you want a vacuum that also washes your floor, the Hoover FloorMate Deluxe is your buy.
Shark AZ2002 Vertex DuoClean PowerFins Upright Vacuum
This is our Pick for the Best Vacuum Cleaner for Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Pet vacuum - pet power brush attachment easily removes pet hair from carpets, stairs and sofas: hose length : 1.8 m
- Powered lift-away - turn into a handheld vacuum with powered brushes for hoovering stairs and under furniture
- Powerful - this upright vacuum has strong suction on carpets and hard floors, enhanced with swivel steering
- 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty for complete peace of mind
Yep, that’s right, we have Shark three times on our list! It just goes to show how amazing Shark vacuums truly are for hard vinyl floors. This product retails for $429.99 and comes with a crevice tool, a dusting brush, and a self-cleaning pet power brush.
The Shark Vertex DuoClean comes with a soft roller, which is capable of brushing fine dust, flour, or sugar off your hard flooring. No speck of dust is left behind. This vacuum is known as Shark’s most powerful machine to date with a specialty brush for pet hair which cleans itself with no hair wrap.
LED lights and their glide technology makes for ease of vacuuming, both in pushing the machine along and seeing where it’s going. This product is 16.38 lbs, not heavy at all. If you have pets, this is the vacuum for you, as the soft roller will brush away pet hair, while its dual-action PowerFins suck it away.
What is the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors? All of these products are excellent choices. As you can see, Shark has well-established itself as a powerhouse in the vacuum business. Our choice for the absolute best vacuum for hard flooring is the Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
Because this product doesn’t merely vacuum away hair but also polishes the floor, it has earned its place at the top of our list. However, any of these products are fantastic choices for whatever flooring you might have, whether tile or hardwood or vinyl.
Let’s face it, the old vacuum in the hall closet will not be able to give you the deep clean the vacuums in our top 5 list can deliver. Any of these products would be welcome in our home to shine up our hard floors. If you want a machine that’s cordless, that polishes, or that mops, there is an option on our list for you.